The Keepers of the Shards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If you can't beat em...

3 posters

Go down

If you can't beat em... Empty If you can't beat em...

Post  SAMITHWYN Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:16 pm

I know there are a lot of grds in the kin, and I know there are changes coming (YAY!!), but I had an idle mind and insomnia last night...
Got to thinking about how to play my grd, and contribute more to the group, since aggro is really hard to get and keep from the hunters and champs.
why not set myself up as a morale pool for the tank, since it isn't me.
So, I dug through the vault and equipped everything I had to increase incoming healing and increase morale or power(unfortunately I don't have much by way of jewelry for this). I used Ashpar's gloves +1% and the 10%chance to increase morale 31, survivor of the watcher helm+2%, have a belt w 2.5% gem. these are the only +heal items I had...

So when the champ/hunter get low on morale, I hit them with shield wall, and the healer hits me up for the heals. Kinda a backwards tank. It definitely cut down work on the mins. the instances ran pretty smooth, and I wasn't so frustrated trying to get/keep aggro. Once the champ/hunter were back up to acceptable levels I removed shield wall and recovered power.

I'm eager for the changes coming w book 7. I want to be a real tank again...

SAMITHWYN

Back to top Go down

If you can't beat em... Empty Re: If you can't beat em...

Post  Elrix Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:26 pm

Yar! tanking proper again!
Elrix
Elrix

Back to top Go down

Post  Carysta Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:25 pm

I want you guys to be proper tanks again too - as a minstrel I miss my meat shields Wink

... In all seriousness I can't wait for Book 7 - it will fix all of us AND give us new content! Woots!
Carysta
Carysta
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum